When in doubt, just make a beetroot and chickpea hummus! Packed with vegan protein and delicious flavour, bright pink paste has the added benefits of beetroots, a vegetable that has been refused on more than one occasion by fussy eaters. Add some chickpeas, carrot sticks and spinach and you’ll be able to brag about how healthy you’ve been for days.
• 400g tin chickpeas
• 200g cooked beetroots
• 1 clove garlic
• 2 tbsp tahini
• 2 tsp cumin
• ½ tsp chilli flakes (optional)
• 1 lemon, juice only
• Olive oil
• Salt and pepper
Wraps (for each wrap)
• 2 tbsp beetroot hummus
• Handful fresh spinach
• ½ carrot, chopped into thin sticks
• Handful chickpeas
• 1 multi-grain wrap (or a variety of your choice)
1. Place all the ingredients for the beetroot and chickpea hummus into a food processor.
2. Blitz until smooth adding more salt, pepper, olive oil, chilli or cumin as necessary.
3. Make one wrap per person. Take one wrap and place a handful of spinach at one end of the wrap.
4. Top with two tablespoons hummus, a handful of chickpeas and carrot sticks.
5. Tightly wrap, folding the sides in as you go.
for more fun and healthy recipes like this beetroot and chickpea hummus, go to our Food and Drink pages