Leftovers are a great source of nourishment for your desk-side dinners, however you sometimes get bored of eating the same the same thing over and over again. With a little bit of effort this leftover lamb can be transformed into a wonderful lunchtime treat that bears almost no resemblance the roast dinner it was the day before.
Lamb, chickpea and apricot pitas
- Leftover lamb (from 1 lamb shank or equivalent), cooked
- 100g chickpeas
- 50g dried apricots, chopped
- Mixed salad leaves
- 3 pita pockets
- 120g Greek yoghurt
- ½ clove garlic, minced
- ½ tsp dried mint
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp chilli flakes (optional)
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- Mix together the lamb, chickpeas and apricots.
- To make the dressing mix together all the ingredients and set aside.
- To assemble, cut one side off the pitas.
- Stuff with the mixed salad leaves.
- Top with lamb mixture and add a dollop of the yoghurt dressing.
- Serve warm with any extra dressing on the side.