Who doesn’t love taco’s?
- 250g chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp chilli powder (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper
- 2 limes, zest and juice
- 1 onion, chopped
- Corn tortillas
- Crème fraiche
- Handful shredded cheddar cheese
- Pico de gallo
- Fresh mint and/or coriander
- Spring onions, sliced
- Mix together the ground spices, minced garlic, lime zest, juice of one lime and salt and pepper.
- Combine the spice mix with the chicken, using your hands to really get that spice rub all over the meat.
- Allow to marinate for as long as you can. 30 minutes is acceptable, overnight is better.
- Heat some oil in a frying pan and gently fry the onion until soft.
- Add the chicken bits, scraping as much as the spice rub off of the bowl as you can.
- Fry until the chicken is cooked through, approx. 5 mins.
- Assemble the tacos by adding a little bit of crème fraiche to a tortilla.
- Top with cooked chicken and shredded cheese.
- Add the garnishes of your choice and fold the wrap over so that the filling remains inside.
- Wrap in baking paper (microwaveable) and take your guac and pico de gallo in a separate container.